Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saving and Saturating Souls

So I took one of my students to church with me today. She had been asking me to take her since before our spring break. I figured there was a reason. Anyway, today she had this look about her. Deer in headlight, allergies, mixed emotions; I don't know what it was. However, when pastor asked if anyone wanted to give their life to Christ, I gave her a little nudge to ask if she wanted to. She sad next time. Now I know that with things like this, next time could mean never. So I told her I would go with her if she wanted me to. As soon as I offered,she said yes. We got to the alter and pastor started talking to her and letting her know that she was a child of God and no matter what anyone tells her, that she is loved by him, etc. I think we both knew his words were just what she needed to hear because I know for a fact that she doubts it at times. She broke out into tears and I kept my hands on her just to let her know I was there and I had her back.

After church, we went to the movies. On the way there, we talked about what she thought it meant to be saved. She said she was confused at first because another church she attended said she was too young to be saved. She said she realizes now that she isn't too young. And she appreciated the way my pastor spoke to her because she understood every word. We also talked about what happens now. I told her to think of it as a clean slate. None of the things that happened before today matter. What matters now is that she lives her life according to God and his word.

New Jerusalem House of God. Saving and saturating souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment