Saturday, November 26, 2011

Roll of The Dice


The image comes to me
Like flash photography
His hands on my body
Click click, click click
Did I ask him to frisk me?
I consented to a kiss
Something sweet and innocent
What exactly did he hear?
I feel filthy
His hot breath in my ear
Whispering obscenities
My heart pounding with a thunderous roar
So loud that it could
Shatter my chest
Never knew I could cringe
At the sound of my own name
His fingers crawling under my shirt
On rout to my breast
I pull his hands away
And push as hard as I can
He’s pinning me to his mattress
It squeaks with every twist
I turn hoping to find some form of escape
I hear him panting
Hold me he says
Squeeze my ass
I tell him NO!
Don’t touch me
Get off me, get off me
My mind is running on fast forward
Oh gosh, what’s coming next?
How can I get away?
I have to breathe
I have to breathe
I can’t breathe
He’s still pinning me
Has he done this before?
The music is so loud
No one will hear me
Get off me
Stop
No, I have to come he says
Oh my gosh
Lord please help me
He is really going to do this
I’ve known him for years
How could
Why would
Did he just say he had to come?
Come where?
I will never let him cross the threshold
Of my temple
No matter how much kicking and pushing
Has to be done
Ok that’s it
He’s gonna get off of me
Stop!  Get off me!
GET THE HELL OFF ME!
Something came over me
This burst of strength
This force from within me
GOD listened when I pleaded with him
I pushed him with all my might
Grabbed my purse
And bolted down the stairs
Didn’t have time for
Niceties
No good byes or thank you for having us
My energy was focused on getting out of that house
Down the stairs past all the people
Dressed in their best summer white
Jamming to the latest hit played by the DJ
Through the double doors
Down the stoop and up the block to my car
I could hear him calling my name
Can’t let him catch up to me
Wish I could magically blink myself
Out of these heels and into my front seat
Yelling ahead at my sister and cousin
Get in the car
They appear puzzled by my pace and
The tone of desperation in my voice
They jump in the car and I snatch my keys
Out of my sister’s hands
I jump in the front seat
And tell them lock all the doors
Seconds pass and he appears
Pleading with me
Not to depart like this
Talk to him
Get out of the car
I’m not about to become a victim
Not yours or anyone else’s
So get gone
Get out of my way
And with my lead foot I stepped on that gas
And left him standing on the sideline
Probably wishing I wasn’t so strong
Or so fast in heels

No comments:

Post a Comment